Thursday, May 7, 2009

It's a Wonderful Life

I know that there is a whole class of Americans who turn to me on a daily basis to have their thoughts and opinions directed; this is evidenced by the three hits on my blog site today. Of course, two of those were me editing my profile to make myself seem cooler, but there was somebody who clicked “next blog” at some point today; to that person I apologize for the lack of fresh, insightful commentary.

Truth is, I am an overpaid, bureaucratic functionary and I had a public meeting, which kept me well after my usual 2:30 PM departure time. By the time I returned home and fixed the leak in the refrigerator, yelled at the dog and beat the children, or was it beat the dog and yelled at the children? Anyway, after tending to my paternal responsibilities and watching the last couple of innings of the Rays spanking the hapless Yankees (yes, hapless), and then checking out Olbermann for a few, I am, as Elton John says, entirely too fagged out to write any of my usual clever, topical, relevant, thoughtful, incisive, brilliant, evocative, and whimsical narratives.

I probably won’t be here tomorrow either; I’ve got to go watch Kirk and Uhura get it on in Imax. Pity me.

No comments:

Post a Comment